Friday 11 February 2011

Painting by candle light

What a fabulous evening I had tonight, a room full of kids awaiting face painting and airbrush tattoos and guess what ..... We had a power cut before it even started! It briefly came back on for a minute but went back off and continued to be off for the whole 3 hours! They could still be in virtual darkness even now... Who knows!

Anyway without my power pack there could be no airbrushing, but the face painting started in earnest, using the emergency lighting which was faint but it was just about doable. I did my best under the conditions but I hope the kids weren't too disappointed if the faces weren't to my usual standard! Hopefully I used the right colours in the right places,but who knows.... Nobody got poked in the eye and everyone seemed pleased so that's what counts!
Moto for today 'keep calm and carry on!'
What an awful journey it was there and back tonight as well, cold, wet and very foggy and that was just me! Night night!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. ..painting by candle light..we should try it "on the hill"!! i have a challenge for you and yours on the blog today...
    sandra

    ReplyDelete